Saturday, August 10, 2024

Christmas 6 x 6 Shadow Box

Hi there! I'm here today with my latest project created for Clear Scraps!



It might seem too soon for Christmas crafting, but the holiday season will be here before we know it! So, I’m getting started with a little shadow box project using some of the newer products Clear Scraps has to offer.


6 x 6 Shadow Box


The DIY birch wood shadow box measures approximately 6 x 6 inches and comes unfinished and unassembled. Assemble with wood glue. Decorate as desired.


Noel Punch-out Chipboard Embellishments


This laser cut chipboard punch-out embellishment sheet measures approximately 5 x 6.5 inches and includes 8 differs designs.





I started my project by assembling the outside and bottom pieces, gluing with wood glue.





Next was painting with acrylic paint, leaving the bottom unpainted.


I colored the edges with a metallic marker. Then added some gold gilding wax over the edges and randomly around the outside of the box for an aged look.


I cut and added a piece of patterned paper to the bottom of the box before adding the divider pieces that were painted.



All that’s left is adding your chosen embellishments.

I did some die cutting which was colored with markers and gathered some dimensional stickers and a poinsettia flower.




I added 2 of the chipboard pieces from the punch-out sheet. These were colored with metallic markers.

My project is complete!




I appreciate you taking the time to check out my project and hope I have provided inspiration for you!


You can find more Clear Scraps inspiration 

by following on social media


Clear Scraps Blog

Clear Scraps Facebook

Clear Scraps Instagram


***********************************************
Linking up to:
ABC Christmas Challenge - N is for No Stamping/O is for Off Edge (both)
A Place to Start - ATG option
_________________________________________________
Challenge Recognition



6 comments:

  1. This is so delightful for the holidays!! I really love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. quelle adorable création Judy, une merveille pour les yeux, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love the wood/die pieces and the layout you did. Thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Cheers, Leanne DT Member/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shadow box! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that a lot of love and attention went into creating your piece of Christmas decor. You did a beautiful job!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete