Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Birthday Card & Gift Bag




Hi there! I'm here with my 2nd Guest Designer project for Tres Jolie Kit Club using the Cards, Tags and More Kit for August.





This time around I am creating a birthday card and coordinating gift bag.


I gathered items from the card kit I thought I would use and a few other items.




Birthday Card

The edges of a 5 x 7 inch card base were inked with Brilliance coffee bean ink. I also inked the top, sides and bottom of one of the chipboard tags from the kit.



A piece of brown metallic card stock was cut to 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches to mat a piece of patterned paper measuring 4 x 6 inches.


I cut a piece of another pattern paper to 5 1/2 x 3 inches and adhered to the tag.




Adhere the tag piece to the matted piece at angle.


Cut a piece of the trim from the scrapbook kit to add to the lower part of the matted piece with the tag and adhere to the back.





Add the matted piece to the card base, leaving an even border all the way around.


Time to add embellishments. 


I used one of the larger die cuts from the Creative Cuts pack.

One of the Junkyard find pieces was added over the hole in the top of the tag.

 A sentiment and some of the floral and a gear from the Creative Cuts were added.

3 flowers from the 49 & Market pac were added to finish the card design.




Gift Bag


To construct a 9 x 6 x 3 inch bag, start with two 12 x 12 pieces of card stock. I used 2 pieces from this month’s Scrapbook Kit that is a very pale green polkadot print.


Score on 3 sides of both pieces at 3 inches.


 Next I cut from the outside edge along the horizontal score line to the vertical lines on one piece. 


On the second piece cut to remove the outside squares on the bottom.





To add a decorative edge to the top of the bag, cut 2 strips of patterned paper 

2 3/4 x 12 inches.


 Score at 1 inch along the long side of each strip.

Just a note that it is easier to use a paper versus a card stock. 

I used a 12 x 12 paper from my stash I thought coordinated well with the other materials.


 The score line goes over the top edge of the of the large pieces with 2 inches along the outside and 1 inch on the inside.



To form the bag adhere the 2 pieces together. 


This is done by taking the piece with the 2 squares removed and 

adhering the 3 x 6 inch flap onto the center of the other piece between the score lines.



Next fold up the piece just adhered and attach the 2 small flaps to the sides along the inside.




Fold up the other piece and attach both on the outside edges to form the bag.





To coordinate the bag with the birthday card, I basically made another card to add to the front side.


I cut a mat out of brown metallic card stock measuring 5 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches and added the 2 left over pieces of pattern paper from the birthday card. These measure 3 x 6 inches and 2 x 6 inches. 


A piece of the trim was cut and added along with die cuts and and flowers.




Adhere to bag front.


I punched 2 holes on the front and back about 1 1/2 inches in from both sides and

 about 1/2 an inch from the top.


I ran ribbon cut to 18 inches through the holes and tied knots to form handles. The  knots are tied on the outside, but can be tied inside if you prefer.


One of the Prima Junkyard Finding pieces was added to the top center of the bag.

The bag is complete.








Thanks so much for checking out my project! I hope I have provided some inspiration for you.


See my YouTube tutorial for more detail



Be sure and check out all  of the Tres Jolie products HERE


Also, click on the links below and follow Tres Jolie on Social Media for more info and inspiration!


Facebook


Instagram

 

Tres Jolie subscriptions

Tres Jolie Blog

Tres Jolie YouTube

Tres Jolie Pinterest


***********************************

Linking up to:
A Place to Start - ATG option
613 Avenue Create - ATG option

_________________________________

Challenge Recognition







4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! I LOVE all the fun layers on your project. That bag is beautiful. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ensemble! Thanks for the tutorial and thanks for sharing your creativity with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty project the bag/tag/card..love flowers so a plus for me. Great job, thank you for playing our Celebration this month at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a wonderful day.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. So glad you joined us at The Creative Crafters challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete