Wednesday, August 28, 2024

You Are Awesome Altered Frame

  


Hi there! I'm here with my last Tres Jolie Kit Club Guest Designer project for this month using the Cards, Tags and More Kit for August 2024.

I am creating an altered frame so I pulled the items I think will work well from the card kit and also some from this month’s mixed media kit. These items include 3, 6 x 6 inch papers and various Creative Cuts from the card kit and the frame, gold paint and texture crust from the mixed media kit.

Paint the frame with the gold paint.

Choose a paper from the card kit for the frame opening and  cut down to    6 x 4 1/8 inches. Mount this onto a piece of sturdy card stock measuring    6 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches. Round the corners. 

Take 2 other pieces of paper and time to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches. These are mounted onto a plain piece of cardstock measuring 6 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches.

One of these pieces will slightly overlap the other.

Line this piece up evenly over the frame opening, hold in place while turning over facedown on your work surface. Trace around the frame opening with a pencil. Cut the center of this piece out, forming a frame.

Adhere this frame piece on the front of the wood frame around the opening. Take the texture crust and apply around the edge of the frame opening. I used a pallet knife.

Paint the texture crust with the gold paint.

I also added some bakers twine around the outside edge of the paper frame.

 

Place the piece that is cut for the frame opening in place. Add Creative Cuts. I combined 2 of the pieces to form an inspirational message, “You Are Awesome” for the frame opening. 

I used foam tape and glue to apply my die cuts.

 

Thanks so much for checking out my project! I hope I have provided some inspiration for you.

 See my YouTube tutorial for more detail.



Be sure and check out all  of the Tres Jolie products HERE

Also, click on the links below and follow Tres Jolie on Social Media for more info and inspiration!

Facebook

Instagram

TIKTOK

Tres Jolie website

Tres Jolie subscriptions

Tres Jolie Blog

Tres Jolie YouTube

Tres Jolie Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment