Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Shiplap Milkcan Home Decor Project




Want a cute, pretty quick and easy home decor project idea? I have one for you!  It is a Shiplap Milk Can Home Decor piece


Hi there! I'm here today posting for Clear Scraps and I had a lot of fun putting this project together!


I have used the medium sized Shiplap Milk Can Shape.





The first step is to paint. I used an antique parchment colored acrylic paint. About 3 coats were applied to the top and bottom portions of the milk can. The middle was not covered as well as I will be covering with a patterned card stock.





I chose to use a cut apart from a Carta Bella paper pack called Country Kitchen for the center of the can. A checked pattern paper from my stash was used as a border above and below the cut apart.


My original plan was to stencil the border above and below the cut apart, but it did not turn out well. And, covering it with the patterned paper worked out well.




I used an emery board to file off the excess paper on the sides.


To add a little more color, I chose a patterned paper from the Carta Bella Paper pack used above. This is added to the bottom and the top of the can.

I turned the paper over, laid the can over and traced around top and bottom. I cut with scissors and adhered.






Twine was wrapped around the neck of the can.





A daisy was created with punches and added over the twine.





We are done!





I hope you like my project as much as I enjoyed putting it together.


You can find more Clear Scraps inspiration 

by following on social media


Clear Scraps Blog

Clear Scraps Facebook

Clear Scraps Instagram

Clear Scraps Pinterest  

____________________________________________

See my process video


No comments:

Post a Comment