Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Greeting Card Gift Set


Hi there!  I am so happy to be guest designing this month for Tres Jolie Kit Club 

using the August Cards, Tags & More Kit!


This kit is fabulous and includes 16, 6” x 6” patterned papers and a set of Creative Cuts from Uniquely Creative’s Steampunk Boutique Collection. There is a set of mini flowers from 49 & Market, a set of Junkyard Findings from Prima and 2 Tres Jolie chipboard tags.




My project consists of 4, A2 cards and a box.


To get started I chose papers and elements from the kit, including sentiments and other pieces from the set of creative cuts and 2 cut apart sheets from the pattern paper pack. From my stash I pulled solid color card stock, an ink pad, twine. (my photo shows ribbon but I went with twine instead)




Pieces of card stock were cut, scored, folded and burnished to form 4 top folding, A2 size,  4 1/4” x 5 1/2” cards.




Next I chose the patterned papers from the kit that had borders and gently tore around the borders to use as focals on the cards. 





I inked the torn edges on the borders, adhered them to strips of  solid of card stock and tore the card stock to form a shadow effect. I trimmed these pieces down to 5 1/4 inches tall and adhered to the edges of plain pieces of card stock measuring 4” x 5 1/4”.




Left over pieces of the patterned paper the borders were torn from were added to cover the plain card stock. On 2 of the cards more than 1 piece was added.




I finished the cards by adding to the card bases leaving an 1/8 border al the way around. Twine, sentiments, little tags, flowers and gears were added to complete the cards.








The box to hold the cards was created with 2 pieces of card stock.


Cut a piece to 9 1/2 x 8 inches and another piece to 7 3/4 x 6 inches. 


The larger piece is scored at 4 1/4 & 5 1/4 inches on the long side and 1 & 7 inches on the short side. Cut the squares in the center of the outside edges to the 1 inch score line slightly diagonally to form notches.

Take the smaller piece of card stock and score at 4 1/4 & 5 1/4 inches on the long side.





Take the smaller piece and adhere to the inside the back of the larger piece. Adhere the sides together to form the box. 





Decorate the front flap by adding a piece of patterned paper that is cut     2 1/5 x 6 inches. I chose one of the die cuts from the creative cuts pack and adhered it to the center of the flap. Then I added 2 of the Junkyard Findings corner pieces to the lower corners of the flap. To hold the flap closed, I added velcro.




The box is complete. Just add some envelopes and the cards.



See my project process video 




Thanks so much for checking out my project! I hope I have provided some inspiration for you.


Be sure and check out all  of the Tres Jolie products HERE


Also, click on the links below and follow Tres Jolie on Social Media for more info and inspiration!


Facebook


Instagram

 

Tres Jolie subscriptions

Tres Jolie Blog

Tres Jolie YouTube

Tres Jolie Pinterest



******************************************************
Linking up to:
613 Avenue Create - ATG option

3 comments:

  1. Lovely gift set! Thanks for sharing at LPOCF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage vibes this is giving me. Thank you so much for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift. Love the torned edges on the beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete