Friday, January 15, 2021

Tropical Wedding Layout

Hi there! 
Today I'm over on the

I have a confession to make! I love weddings! And if I am unable to attend a wedding the next best thing is to see beautiful photos of the special day and create a lasting keepsake for the bride and groom using some of those photos and beautiful card stocks from CutCardStock.


My niece and her husband went to Jamaica for their wedding and I thought that bright colors were the way to go for this project. I used ASTROBRIGHT PULSAR PINK CARDSTOCK, ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE CARD STOCK, ASTROBRIGHT PLANETARY PURPLE CARD STOCK and BASIS WHITE 80LB CARDSTOCK.


I chose the photos and a patterned paper that has a little color, but not too much.


I wanted to create a border so I used a border punch on the 3 Astrobright Card Stocks


I used a piece of the BASIS WHITE 80LB CARDSTOCK as my page base and started building my layout by matting the patterned paper with a piece of the ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE CARD and adhering to the base along with my layered border.


Now it's time to add the photos, which I also matted with ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE CARD. I also created a plain border by layering strips of ASTROBRIGHT PULSAR PINK CARDSTOCK, ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE CARD STOCK, ASTROBRIGHT PLANETARY PURPLE CARD STOCK along the lower edge.


I need some embellishments so decided to do some stamping and coloring. I stamped the initial stamp on the BASIS WHITE 80LB CARDSTOCK and the flowers on the ASTROBRIGHT PULSAR PINK CARDSTOCK and they colored beautifully. I fussy cut both stamped images.


I added the stamped elements along with some tropical themed stickers i had in my stash. I also added the wedding date with glitter number stickers to the largest photo.


I added to a 12 x 12 inch frame and will be gifting to the couple.


I hope I’ve inspired you with this project! If so, please leave a comment below, and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.


I'm linking up to:







3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy your page is gorgeous. What a lovely keepsake to make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, love the colours you used. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Classic Design Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete