Friday, January 29, 2021

Altered Notebook Journal

Hi there!
I'm on the CutCardStock Creative Blog today.

Do you know someone who likes to journal? 
If so, creating a one of a kind journal by altering the cover of a notebook/composition book 
would make a great gift and it's easy to customize using 
beautiful card stocks from CutCardStock.


I started with an inexpensive composition book, ASTROBRIGHT PLANETARY PURPLE CARD STOCK, ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE DISCOUNT CARD STOCK and a coordinating patterned card stock.


I adhered ASTROBRIGHT PLANETARY PURPLE CARD STOCK to the front and back covers of the composition book with double sided tape.


Then I cut a piece of piece of the patterned card stock and covered the black binding. You could leave this, but often times I will cover to dress it up a bit.


I chose some dies to use and cut a frame out of ASTROBRIGHT PLANETARY PURPLE CARD STOCK and 2 borders out of the ASTROBRIGHT LUNAR BLUE DISCOUNT CARD STOCK.


I applied the purple frame to a square piece of BASIS WHITE CARDSTOCK and matted with a piece of the blue card stock. I cut 2 rectangles from the patterned card and attached to the frame piece. The blue borders were added to both ends.




This large piece was then added to the composition book front cover and I added a glitter washi tape over on the left side.


For my cover focal I colored a beautiful digital image with markers and fussy cut.


I tucked the image into the frame, added some tiny pearls and a chipboard title to finish my design.


I hope I’ve inspired you with this project! If so, please leave a comment below, and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.


I'm linking up to:
Die Cut Divas - Frame It










8 comments:

  1. Hi Judy i love how you have decorated this journal. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such an amazing job with this project. I love your image and coloured so beautifully too. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image and coloring - great cover to a journal. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge. Arlene - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal. Love the Girl you used for your journal. Also love the coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully done!! Thanks for linking up to our January challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece of work, thanks for sharing it with us at Colour crazy Challenge Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation Judy! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous creation Judy! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete