Monday, January 11, 2021

Bee Mine

Hey there!
Today I'm sharing a fun Valentines themed
pop up box card project created with 4 die sets on the
using 4 die sets from


I love making this style card and started thinking about
the dies I have and what would make for a cute design.

I had these dies in mind when deciding what to do.

2 patterned digi papers from Digi Doodle Studios for decorating the box.


I die cut 5 flowers and centers, 3 bees, 1 honeycomb corner, 
2 "be mine", 1 set of hearts.


I glued the centers to the flowers and added some color to the bees.
I cut the e from the 2nd set of "be mine"and added to the other
to spell "bee".


Next comes preparing for the box construction.
I cut a 10 1/2 x 7 inch piece of black card stock and
scored at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2 and 10 inches along the long side.
and at 3 1/4 along the short side.
The 3 1/4 inch is the top of the box that form the flaps.
Cut along the score line down to the horizontal score line.
Cut 3 pieces of 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch pieces of paper for
the bottom of the box and 2/14 x 3 inch pieces for the flaps.
Cut 2 pieces of white card stock at 2 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches.
Cut 2 pieces of 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch pieces of black card stock
to form the pieces that fit inside the box to attach your elements.




Adhere the patterned pieces of paper to 3 sides of the
box bottom and 3 flaps. A piece of the white card stock was glued
to the back of the unscored portion of the box.
Fold the scored pieces to form the box and attach the
1/2 scored piece to the inside with double sided tape.
Add the other piece of white card stock to the inside back
panel of the box. I glued the honeycomb corner piece to the back panel.
The 2 pieces of 1/2 wide black card stock were scored at 1/2 & 3 inches
to form tabs to b adhered inside the box.


I started adding the die cut pieces by gluing 3 pieces to the back.
Next, I added the die cuts I wanted in the center of the box to
a piece of acetate and glued to the front 1/2 strip.


Continue adding the rest of the die cut pieces to acetate strips and
arrange in what looks pleasing to your eye.


I added my sentiment to a small piece of black card stock along
with one of the hearts, which I backed with yellow card stock.




I hope I've provided some inspiration for you to
 play and create with your dies and we'd love for you 
to come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. 

There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. 
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy this is a gorgeous pop-up box card. I amde one of those last week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete