Friday, July 1, 2022

Textured Wedding Card

Hey there! I'm here today posting my latest CutCardStock project. I love using embossing folders, but probably don’t use them as often as I could. How about you? In my opinion, they can take a plain piece of solid colored card stock to a new level.

My wedding card project uses 4 different embossing folders and a few dies and hand punches as well.




I started by cutting a 5 x 6 1/2 inch card base from Basis WHITE 80lb Cardstock. Mats were cut from Pop Tone GRAPE JELLY 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock, Pop Tone GRAPESICLE 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock, and Pop Tone SWEET TOOTH 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock.



To” build” the cake, I cut 3 pieces of card stock measuring 3 x 1 1/4 inches (grapesicle), 2 1/2 x 1 inch (sweet tooth) and 2 x 3/4 inch (grapesicle). I rounded the top corners of each piece. Each piece was embossed to mimic piping. I used 3 different embossing folders. I used border EF’s for this, but full EF’s can be used. You can also find cake dies, but this was super easy to do and I like the way it turned out.



The embossed pieces were adhered to a plain piece of card stock. Thin strips of the Grape Jelly card stock were added between the tiers.

Next, I used a cut and emboss folder on the Sweet Tooth mat that was cut above. I decided to mat this piece with Stardream Metallic SILVER 105 lb Card Stock.

A border die and a banner die were cut out of the Metallic Silver card stock. These pieces will be used to create a cake stand.


All of the matted pieces were added to the card base. As luck would have it, I realized after the fact that, I should have turned the embossed piece the other way.




The cake and cake stand pieces were adhered to the card base with foam tape for a little dimension.



To embellish the cake, I die cut and hand punches mini flowers. I die cut a sentiment.



The flowers were added to the cake top. White pearls are used as additional decoration.



My sentiment was the last piece added.



I hope you have enjoyed my project. We would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page.

2 comments:

  1. Elegant and gorgeous, beautiful embossing and die cuts in lovely colours, a stunning wedding card.Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week’
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for playing along with our 'Anything Goes' challenge @ Dream Valley.
    Good Luck & Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete