Sunday, July 24, 2022

Tropical Layout

So, I was looking for a particular photo recently and surprise, surprise, couldn’t find it! It was one I’ve been wanting to do a scrapbook page with. I have a lot of those. Please tell me I’m not the only one? But, I did come across another one that I had totally forgot I had and thought it would be great for a tropical themed layout project. And, of course, I have some lovely card stock from CutCardStock that will work great!



For this project i am using: DCS Discount Card Stock: Aqua Card StockBasis 8.5×11 GOLD 80lb CardstockMirriSparkle Gold Glitter 16 pt 8.5×11 Card Stock.



The patterned paper is digital from Design Lover Studio and was printed on Classic Crest NATURAL WHITE 8.5×11 CardStock.



The Aqua is used for the base. I matted the Mirrisparkle Gold Glitter with the Basis Gold.



My flower embellishments were all fussy cut from the patterned papers. I die cut my title with Sizzix dies and cut a few strips of card stock to use.



The large flower piece above was cut from the piece used below, not to waste! And my photo fits over it perfectly.



I added one of the patterned papers to the base along with a strip of the Aqua card stock. My photo was matted with Basis Gold. Another strip of Aqua place beneath.



Title pieces and the large flower embellishment were added.




I finished by adding 2 overlapping strips of patterned paper, a very narrow strip of Mirrisparkle Gold and 5 fussy cut flower as a border along the bottom. Glitter dots were added to the flowers for a little extra sparkle!

I hope you have enjoyed checking out my layout. Don’t forget to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page.
_____________________________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:
Challenge Yourself - Family (my husband and me)

3 comments:

  1. Awwww Judy! I absolutely love the photo of you and your husband! (No you are not the only one who cannot find photos!! LOL!!) And your page is LOVELY! Thanks for sharing a little tutorial about how you made it. And thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page! I absolutely love the flowers and the photo. Thank you for playing along with Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Great fussy cutting and beautiful colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete