Friday, April 2, 2021

Mother Altered Frame

Hi there! 
Today I'm sharing this altered frame project on the CutCardStock Creative Blog
using glitter card stock from CutCardStock, which happens to be on special this month. 

If you are looking for a unique gift for someone special 
this type of project is not that difficult and can be done with any type of theme in mind. 
You can simply decorate your frame and 
add a photo or add an inspirational quote, which is what I like to do! 
I have made this one with the idea of paying tribute to mothers. 
It would make a great Mother's Day gift. 


I chose SILK GLITTER OPULENT OPAL 12X12 CARD STOCKSILK GLITTER SPARKLING WATER AQUA DISCOUNT CARD STOCK 12X12and a coordinating patterned paper from my stash. I am using an unfinished wood frame with a heart opening.


I'll be layering all 3 of the card stocks above, so I took the patterned paper first and traced the frame edges and opening on the backside and cut with scissors.


Next I painted the edges and the backside of the frame with acrylic paint to match my card stocks. This step is not necessary. You can leave the natural wood if you prefer.


I cut the SILK GLITTER OPULENT OPAL CARD STOCKslightly smaller than the frame size. I cut a square out of the center of that. The SILK GLITTER SPARKLING WATER AQUA DISCOUNT CARD STOCKwas cut about a 1/4 inch smaller than the opal piece and again cut a square out of the center. I took the patterned paper piece I cut earlier and trimmed slightly smaller than the aqua card stock. These were glued to the frame front.


The patterned paper piece was trimmed slightly smaller than the aqua card stock and adhered.


Next, I wanted to add a die cut hear frame around the heart opening. I cut out 2 frames, one aqua and one opal by using 2 different sized dies as in the photo below. The outside die for the aqua frame was slightly larger than the one used on the opal frame. I used the same die on the inside of both.


These 2 frames were layered and added to the frame base.



I added my inspirational quote next. It was printed in Microsoft Word, printed and cut to fit in the heart opening. There was a heart shaped cardboard piece with the frame. I traced it onto the back of my printed quote and cut. I die cut "Mother" instead of printing.



Now we're ready to add the finishing touches to complete. I added a digital stamp image, which I colored and fussy cut.



I wanted to add flowers and foliage so I die cut. I ended up using CLASSIC LINEN 84 LB GOLD PEARL 8.5X11 CARD STOCKfor the leaves I cut and used the glitter card stocks for the other die cuts. I have to say these all die cut and released from the dies beautifully. I have had issues with some glitter card stock from other companies and love the way these from CutCardStock worked! 


 
I used a low temp glue gun to adhere my floral elements. The digital image was adhered with foam tape. I added some mini flowers to the centers of my die cut flowers and pearls to the lower left side of the frame.




I hope I’ve inspired you with this brother and sister scrapbook layout! If so, please leave a comment below, and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.

I'm linking up to:








3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project! Love the colors and paper and a great job coloring the image. Thanks for playing along at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing project! Gorgeous! Glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete