Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Home Decor Heart

Hey there!
Today I'm over on the
 sharing a home decor piece
that anyone can create using a variety of dies from


I started by gathering some supplies:
9 x 10 x 3/8 inch chipboard heart
12 x 12 inch printed card stock
white and pink printer paper
nesting flower die set


I die cut several pieces of the printer paper in various
sizes with the flower dies.  


I layered the flower pieces, poked a hole in the center
and spritzed with water.


Taking 1 layer at a time, I "scrunched" each
layer up to the center.


These are the 3 flowers I created.
Using the various sizes and varying the number of layers
gives each flower a unique look.



I traced the heart on the backside of the printed card stock and cut.
I painted the edges of the heart with white acrylic paint,
adhered the printed card stock with decoupage medium
and added a piece of pink picot edge ribbon.


I decided I wanted to add a little texture to the heart base,
so I used a frame die and a honeycomb die
and cut and trimmed, in what I thought looked good
and added the effect I wanted, before adhering to the heart base.



I added the flowers and die cut some foliage and butterflies
to complete my design.




Dies used:








I hope I've provided some inspiration for you to
 play and create with your dies and we'd love for you 
to come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. 
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. 
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Judy this heart is gorgeous those flowers are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is so lovely Judy and your flower die makes a lovely flower
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Judy!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant way to use the honeycomb die! Gorgeous heart.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the papers, colors and your honeycomb touch really makes a difference. I love this. Thanks for sharing over at Creations in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a gorgeously designed project. It looks amazing. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Heart. Hope to see you again. Thank you for joining in us with The Creative Crafters. DT ALka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Judy! Love those flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete