Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Cherish Dreams

Hey there!
I'm sharing this project on the
Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.

This card is not my usual type or style but,
 you have to step out of your comfort zone every now and then, right?
I did some stamping, inking, water coloring and die cutting.



I started with a piece of water color card stock
and some alcohol inks to create the background.

I applied water to the water color card.
Using a few drops of water and the inks I applied color
to the water color card with a paint brush in a random pattern
until the whole card was covered and I was pleased with the design.
After the ink dried I took various sizes of circle dies
and created a stencil out of acetate. Placing the acetate over
the patterned water color card, I inked through the circles with
an ink dauber and white ink to create a bokeh effect.
I applied the finished background to a card base.


I stamped the Lavinia "Alura" stamp on to water color card
with a black water resistant ink and water colored.
When dry, I die cut with a rectangle die.

I added the image to the card base
and die cut part of the sentiment and stamped the other.
Gems were added to embellish.



Products used from Dies R Us








I hope I've provided some inspiration for you to
play and create with your dies and we'd love for you 
to come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. 


There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. 
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

 



click below for:


4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful Judy! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inkin!
    Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used for your bokeh background. It is amazing. I also love your coloring on the stamp. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/



    ReplyDelete