Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Wildlife Scrapbook Layout

Hey there! today I'm sharing my latest CutCardStock project, a scrapbook layout.

I’m lucky enough to have a second home up in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. One of my favorite things there, besides the beautiful scenery, is seeing the wildlife and we always have a camera ready to capture them in photos.



Supplies

Stamping Ink Pads
 Dryer Sheet and Baby Wipe
 Leaf Stencil 
Circle Dies
 Paper Trimmer 
Adhesive

Creating Patterned Card Stock

I like using patterned papers/card stocks on my projects. Not having any that I liked to coordinate with my photos, I created my own. 

The Basis White Card Stock was used. I trimmed a 12 x 12 inch piece to 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches. Using a used dryer sheet, I dabbed 3 colors of ink to created a textured background. A 4th color was used with a dried baby wipe to add some color to the edges and overall background.



To create a coordinated pattern, I sued a leaf stencil with 3 of the inks used above.


Photos

Three photos were chosen, trimmed and matted with the Stardream Metallic Gold Card Stock.

I created frames to add by die cutting with 2 circle dies.



Layout Base

The layout base is formed by matting the textured card stock with a 12 x 12 piece of the Ginger Snap Card Stock.



The stenciled card stock was trimmed to approximately 9 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches. I matted with a piece of the Gold Metallic card measuring 9 1/2 x 7 inches. This piece was adhered to the center of the piece above.



Photos were arranged and added next.



Finishing Touches

The title was computer generated and printed onto a piece of Basis White card. It is framed with a negative piece of one of the circle die cut frames. A circle die cut was added with strips of the gold and ginger snap card stocks. Three strips pieces of ginger snap were added by the photos.



I hope you’ve enjoyed my layout project.

We would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and our new group Creating with Card Stock.

______________________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, and awesome progress pictures. Thanks for linking up last week at Crafting Happiness Challenges. This week the card theme is trees - it can be a forest, a leaf, a Christmas tree, etc. The Not a card theme is always anything goes and doesn't have to follow the theme. Hope you'll share more of your art with us! Sorry for the delay in commenting, but we've been in the process of moving and still trying to sort and unpack this week.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team @ Crafting Happiness Challenges

    ReplyDelete