Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Hello Fall Card

Oh my! I can not believe that summer is almost gone and fall will be here before we know it! Do you feel the same way?

 I have a fall themed card project to share with you today. I do love fall with the cooler weather and falling leaves in golds, oranges, browns and reds, which is the inspiration for the wreath on my card. And, CutCardStock has a great selection of card stocks in these colors.


Wreath Construction

Knowing that I wanted a wreath to be the focal of my card, I started by die cutting the elements for it using:

DCS Discount Card Stock: Vanilla Bean Brown Card StockDCS Discount Card Stock: Canvas Textured Ginger Snap Card StockDCS Discount Card Stock: Smooth Sand Castle Tan,  DCS Discount Card Stock: Canvas Textured ADOBO Orange, DCS Discount Card Stock: Textured Flame Tree Orange Card StockBasis GOLD 80lb CardstockBasis BURGUNDY Cardstock

Using 2 sizes circle dies I cut 5 frames out of the Vanilla Bean Brown CardStock to use as my wreath base. The other colors were used to cut various sizes of foliage.


I glued the 5 frame together for some dimension. For a little more dimension, I backed the frame using foam tape with a circle die cut out of Classic Crest NATURAL WHITE Card Stock. Then I started adhering the foliage.




Once I had all the foliage applied, I added a die cut sentiment and bow. 

My wreath is complete and ready for the card.


Card Base

I used the Classic Crest Natural White Card Stock to make a 5 x 6 1/2 inch card base. A piece of the Ginger Snap Card was cut to 5 x 6 1/2 inches and adhered to the card base. Patterned paper cut to 5 x 2 1/4 inches was added to the bottom of the card, An embossing folder was used on a piece of the natural white card cut to 4 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches for the top of the card. Vanilla Bean Brown was cut to 1/2 x 5 inches and added as a border.




Finished Card

The wreath was adhered to the card and my design is complete.


I hope you have enjoyed my “Hello Fall Card” project! 

We would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and our new group Creating with Card Stock.

_______________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:
Inspiration Station - Autumn Splendor
613 Avenue Create - ATG / Twist Leaves
The Four Seasons Challenge - Anything Goes Fall
Die Cut Divas - ATG w/Autumn Option


DT Favorite at



12 comments:

  1. I love the colors of this cardstock, I've got to visit the shop and get some Autumn and Christmas card. Your design is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's lovely projects.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Autun card Judy. Love the combinatioon of the die cut leaves to form your wreath. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW I just LOVE this card! Your wreath is AWESOME as is your overall design! Beautiful Fall creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back wearing The Four Seasons Challenge Hat to say thanks for playing along with us and entering your lovely project.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, wonderful colors and composition of the wreath. Thank you for joining us at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sure I commented on this GORGEOUS creation but I don't see it here so let's try it again! LOL
    I do love everything about your card design! Beautiful Fall inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Inspiration Station! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... and thanks for also sharing it with us over on the Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to make your own wreath and I love how you made it so pretty and colorful! Perfect for a fall themed card!
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Four Seasons challenge this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at 613 Avenue Create and we would love to see you in our future challenges
    Elaine DT

    AAA Birthday DT
    Mix it UP DT
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Peace on Earth DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous and a perfect Autumn card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge, and please stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wreath with gorgeous leaves. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas in our "Anything Goes with an option of Autumn".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Fall wreath indeed! Thanks for playing along our September challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card and I love the texture behind the wreath! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete