Hey there! I'm on the CutCardStock Creative Blog with an explosion box project! Have you made one of these before? It may look complicated, but is not really that difficult. At least the box part is not! Deciding how to decorate takes the longest, but isn't that the case for most projects? Well, it is for me, maybe not you.
CutCardStockhas some beautiful card stocks and I used a few different lines including Pop Tone Card Stock, which is on sale this month, Glitter Card Stock, Basis Card Stockand Curious Metallic 5x7 Blank Flat Card.
To construct the box you will need a 12 x12 inch piece of card stock. I used Basis White 80 lb Card Stock. You will score the 12 inch piece at 4 and 8 inches on 2 sides to form 9 squares. The 4 outer squares are cut away, basically forming a cross. This will form a 4 inch square when the sides are folded up.
We'll put the lid together next. I used a 7 1/8 inch square piece ofPop Tone SnoCone Card Stock. Score this piece at 1 1/2 inches on all 4 sides. This leaves a 4 1/8 inch square in the middle. You will want to cut from the outer edge to the middle score line on all 4 corners as shown below. This will give you 4 tabs. Fold the edges up, tuck the tabs in and adhere at all 4 corners. The box and lid are done and it's time to decorate!
We'll do the outside first. I die cut 5 - 3 1/2 inch squares out of Silk Glitter Opulent Opal Card Stock. 4 - 3 1/4 inch squares were die cut and embossed using Pop Tone SnoCone Card Stock. I layered the 4 SnoCone pieces onto 4 of the glitter squares and adhered to each side. One of the glitter squares was glued to the top of the lid.
I chose dies to use and I used quite a few. Some flowers and pearls are in the photo as well as the embossing folder I used.
To finish the box lid, I added a die cut scalloped heart cut from Pop Tone Berrylicious Card Stock. A bow was cut from the Pop Tone SnoCone Card Stock. A rose was added to the bow center. The sides are embellished with lacingborder die cuts cut from Silk Glitter Opulent Opal Card Stock. I opted to use a narrow strip of Pop Tone Berrylicious Card Stock instead of ribbon for the lacing.
The inside is next. I die cut 4 - 3 1/2 inch squares from Pop Tone SnoCone and 1 - 3 1/2 inch square from the glitter card and adhered as pictured below. I also die cut 2 hearts and borders from the glitter and laced with Berrylicious.
I created the centerpiece with die cuts and acetate. The acetate was cut into a 3 inch square. I scored at 1/2 inch all the way around and folded up the edges. I applied a piece of 1/4 inch red line tape all the way around with ribbon over to hold the base in a square shape. The bride and groom were cut from Curious Metallic Cryogen White Card. The arches are cut out of Berrylicious card. I glued an arch and bride and groom to each of the 4 sides of the acetate piece.
I hope you like my project and have given you a little inspiration! If so leave a comment below. We would also love it if you to connected with us on our Facebook Page.
I'm linking up to:
A Bit More Time to Craft - ATG
A Perfect Time to Craft - ATG
Classic Design Challenge - ATG
Love to Craft Challenge - ATG
Love to Scrap Challenge - No Rulz 4