Thursday, June 3, 2021

Special Friend Rocker Card

Hi there! 
Today I'm over on the CutCardStock Creative Blog with a project perfect for that special friend in your life. It is a rocker card design using the Pop Tone line of card stocks from CutCard Stock. These card stocks are on special this month, come in a great variety of colors and die cut beautifully! Have you tried making rocker cards? They're really quite easy, fun and quick to put together.


For my project I used 
Pop Tone COTTON CANDY 8.5x11 Discount Card StockPop Tone GUM DROP GREEN 8.5x11 Discount Card StockDCS Discount Card Stock: Natural Twine Kraft Card Stock , a patterned paper from Recollections, 2 die sets from Crafter's Companion and ribbon.

A rocker card is made with a round base that is folded in half. I used scalloped circle dies in 2 sizes. The larger circle is used to cut the kraft card stock, as it is quite sturdy and perfect for the base. The smaller circle die was used to cut 2 pieces from the patterned paper and the kraft card. I did this as the patterned paper is quite thin and I needed the piece The smaller die was also used with the decorative dies in the set to cut the green card stock. I pieced out the bird cage and bird with the pink and kraft card stocks. The sentiment is cut using the pink and green card stocks.



Layering was done as seen in the photo below.



The layered piece above was adhered to the folded "rocker" piece. The sentiment piece was added next. I finished by adding mini pearls and a bow.


The other pieces were added.





I hope I've inspired you to create a rocker card design! 

I'm linking up to:
Through the Purple Haze - ATG/Option Plaid

No comments:

Post a Comment