Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Fancy Fold Card Duo

Hi there! 
Today I'm here with my final Guest Designer project for Tres Jolie Kit Club using



I pulled out the remaining items I have from the kit.




Looking these items over I thought I would create a couple of fancy fold cards.


The first is a Bridge Card design.


I started by cutting down a piece of the white card stock in the kit to  11 x 7 inches. 

Then scored it at 1 1/2, 3, 8 and 9 1/2 inches. Fold and burnish as in the photo below.




To add some color to the white card stock I applied gold gilding wax around the edges of 

the 2 outside panels and the center panels. The 2 interior panels were completely  covered.




Next, I cut pieces of solid and patterned card stock to cover the card base and chose one of the toppers from the kit to use as the focal on the card.


One piece of burgundy card stock was cut to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches, 2 pieces were cut to 1 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches.


A piece of gold was cut to 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches.


The patterned paper from the kit was cut to just under 4 x 6 inches.




I layered the larger burgundy, gold and patterned pieces of card stock and adhered to the center of the card.


The thinner burgundy panels are added to the 2 outside panels.


Pop the topper with foam tape to the center of the card.




We need a “bridge” for our card, so I cut a piece of patterned paper to 

1 x 8 inches and a piece of gold 1 1/4 x 8 inches. Adhere these pieces together and attach to the 2 outside panels with the lower edge about       1/2 inch from the bottom of the card.


Next I applied  gold gilding wax to 2 of the wooden embellishments from the kit and adhered them to the side panels.


I die cut a “Happy Birthday” sentiment and added it to the center of the bridge.



To finish this card, I pulled out the small white 49 & Market flowers from the 

August Cards, Tags and More Kit. A little pink ink was applied to them.

They were added to the wooden embellishments.




For the second card I am making a Double Z-Fold Card.


Start by cutting down a piece of the white card stock from the kit to  10 x 7 inches. 

Score along the 10 inch side at 2 1/2 and 5 inches. 

Make a mountain fold on the 2 1/2 inch score line and a valley fold on the 5 inch score line.


Take a 1 1/2 x 10 piece of white card stock, score at 5 and 7 1/2 inches. 

Do a mountain fold on the 5 inch score line and valley fold on the 7 1/2 inch score line.

I pulled out some of the cut aparts, one of the topper pages and a scrap piece of patterned paper from the kit.




Cut 2 pieces of pink card stock to 2 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches and one piece to  4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches. 




Piece together the larger cut apart with pink flowers and scrap patterned paper onto a piece of white card stock. Lace was added where the two pieces come together.


I pulled out the “left over” part from one of the large toppers. 

This will be used to frame the piece just put together.




Adhere the pink card stock to card base.

Glue the frame to the cut apart piece. 

I added a 1/4 inch wide piece of pink card stock to the lace on this piece, under the frame.




It’s time to add the narrow z-fold piece. Add 3 pieces of pink card stock.

Two pieces are cut 1 x 2 1/4 inches and one is cut to 1 x 4 3/4 inches.

Pieces of the lace are also added. 

Adhere this piece to the card base about 1/2 inch from the bottom, 

with the 5 inch length on the left side and the other end to the right side.


I then took one of the smaller cut aparts  and framed it similarly to the larger one.


For a sentiment, I took a round vellum die cut from this month’s 

Tres Jolie Scrapbook Kit and cut circle die cut to place behind it.




Adhere the large cut apart piece to the center of the left panel of the card.

Glue the smaller cut apart to the right side of the card on the top half. I also place it far enough over that the larger cut apart covers it when the card is closed.


Add the sentiment to the right side of the card near the bottom, 

again placing where it is covered when the card is closed.


The card is complete.





I hope you’ve enjoyed my project and I’ve provided you with a little inspiration!


Thanks so much Kim, for allowing me to Guest Design these last 2 months.

I have truly enjoyed working with your Tres Jolie Kits.





Please visit my YouTube Channel for a video tutorial


Be sure and check out all  of the Tres Jolie products HERE

Also, click on the links below and follow Tres Jolie on Social Media for more info and inspiration!

Facebook

Instagram

TIKTOK

Tres Jolie website

Tres Jolie subscriptions

Tres Jolie Blog

Tres Jolie YouTube

Tres Jolie Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment