Monday, April 22, 2024

Wedding Invitation Layout

Do you ever struggle to come up with a unique wedding gift idea? If so, I have a suggestion.


Hey there! Today I'm sharing my latest creation for CutCardStock. 
This is a 12 x 12 inch wedding invitation layout project. 
I was asked to put one together years ago by a co-worker and 
have done several since then as gifts. 
Just put the layout in a shadow box and the couple has a lasting keepsake. 


For this particular layout, I actually designed and printed a sample invitation myself. I found some pretty watercolor floral clip art on Etsy and used the Pages App on my Mac to design. It was printed onto Cougar A7 (5×7) Flat Discount Card Stock Invitations.

Card Stock Used

Cougar WHITE 12 x 12 Discount Card Stock

DCS Gold GLITTER Heavyweight 12×12 Discount Card Stock

Stardream Metallic PUNCH 105lb 8.5 x 11 Card Stock

DCS Discount Card Stock: Pastel Pink Card Stock

Basis 8.5×11 Soft Pink 80 lb Card Stock

DCS Discount Card Stock: Peach 

Lessebo Colors HUNTER GREEN 83lb Cardstock

Pop Tone GUM DROP GREEN 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock

Gold & white patterned paper from my stash



Layout Base

The layout base consists of a 12 x 12 inch piece of the Gold Glitter Card Stock and a 11 1/2 x 11/1/2 inch piece of the Cougar White Card Stock.

Ink the edges of the white card and use a corner punch on the gold card. The white card is inserted into the corners of the gold.




Configure the Design

I chose to use 2 pieces of patterned paper on the background of my design. One of the these pieces is the paper I chose from my stash which was cut to 3 x 11 1/2 inches. Wanting to use another white and gold patterned piece, I created my own with washi tape (see photo below). It measures @ 5 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches.




These pieces and the invitation were matted with the Metallic Punch Card Stock. I also cut 2 strips measuring 1 x 10 1/2 inches.



Next, I did my die cutting for embellishments.




My flowers were assembled.





Add the finishing touches.







Thanks so much for taking a look at my Wedding Invititation Layout project!


As always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and the Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock for more inspiration.

*********************************************************
Linking up to:

A Place to Start - Add one or More Flowers
















1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is amazing!! I love all the details. The paper you used is fabulous, the image in the center and those lovely 3D flowers-amazing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete