Thursday, April 11, 2024

Sugar & Spice Album


Hello there! 

I'm  here today with my 2nd project for Clear Scraps as a Creative Guest Team Member.



My project is an album using the Mixable Acrylic and Chipboard Baking Album


This album includes 2 acrylic pages (film must be removed before decorating) 2 heavy chipboard pages and 1 chipboard front embellishment. Pages are approx. 6.5"x8.0" inch. 


I am also using a Mixer Chipboard Embellishment. This album will work great for whatever you may want to keep in it. It could be for recipes, photos or anything else you desire.


Since this is a baking album, I am using Sugar & Spice Clipart & Papers which I downloaded and printed from the Scrapbook Gems Etsy Shop. I love the colors in this collection and thought they would be perfect for this album. Also included in this kit are baking elements which are perfect for embellishing.




I’ll be covering the chipboard and acrylic pieces of the album with patterned paper so, I started by tracing the middle part of the rolling pin twice on the backside of the

paper I chose (1). Next, I cut out both of these pieces and punched holes to align with the chipboard (2).


The chipboard pieces were painted with acrylic paint (3).


I covered both sides of the chipboard and acrylic pieces with 5 x 7 inch pieces of patterned paper (4). The tabs were also covered using pieces measuring 3 1/2 x 1 inch. I used double sided tear tape to adhere. Remember to remove the film from the acrylic pieces before applying anything.



 

To add little more room to the album I created 2 folder style inserts. 


These were made by taking a piece of 12 x 11 1/2 inch piece of card stock.

Score at 5 3/4 along the 11 1/2 inch side and at 4 inches on the 12 inch side.

Fold and burnish on the the score lines. 

Cut at an angle on either side of the center score line from the bottom up to the 4 inch score line. Fold up and adhere the outside edges.


Punch holes in the folders to align with the other album pieces.




I added patterned paper to the front, back and inside pockets of the folders. A pocket was added to the back of both folders by cutting a rectangle 6 3/8 x 2 7/8 inches. The 2 sides and bottom were adhered with double sided tape.


Now the fun part! Decorating!


I die cut letters to spell recipes, cakes, candy, cookies and pies (1).


Triangles were cut out of card stock to add pockets to the chipboard and acrylic pages. These measure 4 3/4 inches wide and long. I chose to punch a border on the long edge (2). 


Two Z - fold inserts were created to hold additional recipes, photos or whatever else you may want to include in this album. Each one was made by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of card stock in half at 4 1/14 inches along the 8 1/2 inch side. Score both of these pieces at 5 1/2 inches along the 11 inch side. Adhere 2 of the panels together to form 3 panels that fold like a Z. The middle panel can form a pocket by adhering 3 sides, leaving the 4 side open and cut a notch to insert additional items. These Z -fold pieces will fit nicely into the triangular pockets (3).


I added 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 inch pieces of card stock on both sides of 2 of the panels and 1 of the third. Using a corner punch and a border punch I created areas where recipes or photos can secured. (4)







With all of this done, all is left is to embellish each page as desired. I used the elements from the scrapbook kit I used to do so. When this was completed I decided to add some flowers as well. I punched, layered and added pearls to the flower centers.





Ribbon was threaded through the holes in the back of the album up through all the pages and tied in the front.





Here are photos of the complete album.







Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my project!


You can find more Clear Scraps inspiration on the 

Clear Scraps Blog and by following on social media


Clear Scraps Facebook

Clear Scraps Instagram

Clear Scraps Pinterest


**************************************************

Linking up to:

Creative Inspiration Challenges - ATG

A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge - ATG

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - ATG

Classic Design Challenge - ATG

Mini Album Mania - Any type of mini album goes

No comments:

Post a Comment