Thursday, October 14, 2021

Note Card Gift Set

Hey there! 
Today I'm over on the 
sharing my first project for this month. 
Basis Folded Card Sets are the Monthly Specials for October so
 I thought I would put together a Note Card Gift Set. 
This set includes 6 cards, envelopes and a box.  


For this project I have used 


I am also using a patterned background card stock, a stamp, brown ink and some twine.


The Vanilla Bean Brown card stock is cut to 5 1/2 x 2 inches.
I cut the patterned card to 4 3/4 x 3 inches.


My stamping is done on the patterned card.
Use a pattern that is minimal for your stamping to stand out.


I folded each of the card bases on the score line.
With the fold on the left side, adhere the brown card stock strips 
about 1/4 inch from the fold.
I used double sided tape.You can use your adhesive of choice.


Twine is wrapped 3 times around the top of the stamped card pieces and tied into a knot.
These pieces are adhered to the center of each card.


And we're done with the note cards!


Now that we have the note cards assembled we need a box to present them in. 
Using the Natural White Classic Crest Card Stock 
cut a piece to 9 1/2 x 8 inches and another piece to 7 3/4 x 6 inches. 

The larger piece is scored at 4 1/4 & 5 1/4 inches on the long side and 1 & 7 inches on the short side. Cut the squares in the center of the outside edges to the 1 inch score line slightly diagonally to form notches.
Take the smaller piece of card stock and score at 4 1/4 & 5 1/4 inches on the long side.


Now we will take the smaller piece and adhere to the inside the back of the larger piece.



I cut a notch with a circle punch into the center of the front edge. 
Then we are ready to adhere the sides together to form the box. 
The corners of the front flap were rounded, which is optional.


We are ready to embellish the box if desired. 
I added a piece of patterned card stock to the flap. 
A decorative brad was also added. 
To hold the flap closed, I added velcro.


All done and ready to slip in the note cards and envelopes.



I hope I've given you some ideas for creating your own Note Card Gift Set. 
The Basis Folded Cards on special at 
CutCardStock this month make it easy to get a great start.



I'm linking up to:



3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy your note cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. Great work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete