Monday, August 23, 2021

School Rocks Altered Clipboard

Hey there!
I'm sharing an altered clipboard project tutorial over on the


Have you ever created an altered clipboard? This is my first one! I am primarily a card maker, but the same types of techniques, images, papers, embellishments, etc can be applied to a clipboard. And these clipboards can be a great addition to your decor. I think mine here would look great hanging in a classroom. 



The 
Classic Crest Natural White Card Stock is one of the white and ivory card stocks included in this month's Monthly Specials.

Next I printed an alphabet border from clipart-library.com and clip art and patterned paper from Imagine That Digistamp. These printed beautifully on the Classic Crest Natural White Card Stock.



Just a note that the Imagine That clip art is no longer available, but you can find lots of school themed clip art elsewhere. Also, I altered the size of the alphabet border before printing to measure 8 x 6 inches.

I grabbed a clipboard, black acrylic paint and a sponge brush. This clipboard measures 12 x 9 inches.


After painting the outer edges of the clipboard, I gathered a bunch of different colored ribbons. The ribbons are cut into short pieces and tied on to the clip.



Now, it's time to decorate! 

A piece of the red card stock was cut to approximately 10 1/4 x 8 inches for the background. I created a border piece with red and black card stock that measures about 7 3/4 x 2 inches. The patterned paper was trimmed down to 7 3/4 x 6 inches. Dies were used to cut letters for my title and I fussy cut the alphabet border and clip art pieces.



The bigger components from above were adhered to the red background piece as shown below.




At the last moment I decided to cut a piece of black card stock to resemble a blackboard. My title was adhered after layering natural white letters onto red for a shadow effect. This piece measure about 5 x 3 1/2 inches.



I added the blackboard piece to the center of the alphabet border.
The background piece is adhered to the clipboard.


The clip art pieces are added last.





I really enjoyed putting this little project together and am quite pleased with the results! 

I'm linking up to:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Back to School

No comments:

Post a Comment