Thursday, August 5, 2021

Birthday Gift Bag and Tag

Hey there! 
When you have a gift for someone do you prefer wrapping it or using a gift bag? 
If you are like me a gift  is the way to go! 

Today I'm sharing a gift bag and tag project over on the
 You can easily create these and have an extra special way to present your gift!

I made mine for a birthday gift, but you can adapt for any occasion.


Both the bag and tag are made with card stock from CutCardStock
 This is one of the White and Ivory Card Stocks on special this month.

I am using a patterned paper from my stash and
chose 2 card stocks to coordinate,


To construct a 9 x 6 x 3 inch bag, start with two 12 x 12 pieces of card stock. 
Score on 3 sides of both pieces at 3 inches.
 Next I cut from the outside edge along the horizontal score line to the vertical lines on one piece. 
On the second piece cut to remove the outside squares on the bottom.


I want to add a decorative edge to the top of the bag. 
This is done by cutting 2 strips of patterned paper 2 x 12 inches.
 Score at 1 inch along the long side of each strip.
Just a note that it is easier to use a patterned paper versus a card stock.


I punched a border along the 2 inch edge of the patterned paper before adhering to the white pieces.
 The score line goes over the top edge with 2 inches along the outside and 1 inch on the inside.


Now it is time to form the bag by adhering the 2 pieces together. 
This is done by taking the piece with the 2 squares removed and 
adhering the 3 x 6 inch flap onto the center of the other piece between the score lines.


Next fold up the piece just adhered and attach the 2 small flaps to the sides along the inside.


Fold up the other piece and attach both on the outside edges to form the bag.




I punched 2 holes on the front and back about 1 1/2 inches in from both sides and
 about 5/8 of an inch from the top.

I ran ribbon cut to 18 inches through he holes and tied knots. 
This form the handles. I tied my knots on the outside.
 You can tie them on the inside if preferred.


The construction of the bag is complete. 
You can leave it plain or embellish it! 
I prefer to add a little something to mine to dress it up. 

My embellishment piece was created with black ink, 
2 stamps, Basis White Card Stock, Olive Card Stock, Plum Card  and markers.


A tag is a nice touch to a gift bag. 
I cut a 4 x 2 1/2 inch piece of Basis White Card Stock. 
A tag punch was used on the upper edge. 
The corners were rounded. A strip of patterned paper was added to the lower edge.
 I die cut Just for You out of Plum Card Stock. 


Just add your gift and a little tissue paper and you are ready to go!

I hope you like my gift bag and tag project! 
Although my bag measures 9 x 6 x 3 inches you can 
adapt the size of card stock to adjust your size. 

I'm linking up to:








2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy this is a gorgeous gift bag. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #90 which has the theme Anything Goes. The sponsor is Beccy’s Place. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

    ReplyDelete