Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Vintage Glam Home Decor

 Step back in time and add a touch of vintage elegance to your home with this décor piece featuring the Clear Scraps Medium Heart Pallet Shape. By combining patterned paper, acrylic paint, dimensional embellishments and a glamorous Roaring ’20s focal image, this project transforms a simple wood surface into a beautiful display piece that’s perfect for year-round decorating or gifting.


The Medium Heart Pallet Shape from Clear Scraps provides the perfect foundation for creating customized home décor.


I wanted this project to have a vintage, Art Deco-inspired feel, so I chose patterned papers that included a beautiful Roaring ’20s style image. 


The image was fussy cut as my focal point and built the design around it with elegant embellishments.


To begin, I painted the center section of the pallet with acrylic paint to create a clean backdrop that would keep the focal image front and center.


Then I covered the top and bottom pallet sections with patterned cardstock, allowing the vintage-inspired prints to frame the design while adding visual interest.



Before adhering the Roaring ’20s image to the center panel, I added dimensional details to enhance the overall design. Soft paper flowers create texture and a romantic feel. Delicate feathers perfectly capture the glamorous fashion of the era. A pearl brad was added. I added pearls and ages to the jewelry on the image. ribbon finished off the floral bouquet.


To finish the piece, the focal image is adhered with foam tape. I added the word “Mademoiselle” and incorporated a pearl flourish which ties everything together with a touch of sophistication and sparkle.





Projects like this are a wonderful reminder of how easy it is to personalize unfinished wood surfaces with cardstock and layered embellishments. The combination of paper crafting techniques and home décor creates a unique keepsake that’s perfect for displaying on a shelf, mantel, gallery wall, or craft room.


Clear Scraps Supplies:


Additional Supplies:

  • Patterned cardstock
  • Acrylic paint
  • Decoupage medium
  • Roaring ’20s style image
  • Paper flowers
  • Feathers
  • Pearl flourish
  • Adhesive
  • Foam adhesive (optional for added dimension)

Whether you love vintage décor or simply enjoy creating one-of-a-kind home accents, the Clear Scraps Medium Heart Pallet Shape offers endless possibilities for bringing your creative vision to life. Mix papers, textures, and embellishments to create a piece that reflects your own personal style.


Until next time…
Judy V










No comments:

Post a Comment