Monday, June 5, 2023

Coordinating Card and Envelope

Do you decorate your envelopes to coordinate with your handmade cards?

Hey there! Today I’m sharing a coordinated card and envelope project I created for CutCardStock.

I have to admit I don't usually decorate my envelopes. But, it does add something special to a plain envelope. And, there are many different ways to dress up your envelopes. Mine here was done with stamping, but you can also stencil or dry emboss.



Stamping

I started by stamping with 2 stamps that work well together. The violin and sentiment are stamped on a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Cougar White Smooth Card Stock. A Leader Opaque 5 1/2 Bar Envelope was stamped with the rose/music staff stamp. I used a Black Noir Finesse Ink Pad from Crafter’s Companion.

Coloring

Both images were colored with Castle Arts Pencils.


Envelope Liner

I decided to add an envelope liner using a piece of pretty patterned paper from my scraps.

The liner piece was trimmed to 5 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches. This will leave the gummed area of the envelope flap uncovered.

Slip the liner into the envelope and fold down the flap to create a crease on the liner paper. I marked the center of the top of the liner and trimmed from that point down to the crease on the outside edges.

Place the liner in the envelope and adhere the top to the flap.




Card

Using Basis RED 80lb Card Stock, I cut a 4 1/2 x 11 inch piece and scored at 5 1/2 inches to create a top folding A2 card base. The violin piece was centered and adhered to the base.

I decided to stamp the outside of the envelope flap with another stamp.


The card fits nicely inside the envelope.


I'm loving the way this turned out and think I will have to start adding something a little extra to my plain envelopes more often.


We would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and the Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock for more inspiration.

_________________________________________________
Linking up to:











5 comments:

  1. I have to agree that decorating the envelope elevaes the entire project. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing!! I LOVE the image and your coloring is fantastic. I also like the addition of the matching envelope. Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and Classy! Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and well designed. The envelope design pushes it over the top! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Pam, DT



    ReplyDelete
  5. How classy! And fabulous!
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete