Thursday, April 20, 2023

Canvas Art

Hey there! I'm here with you today sharing a canvas art project created for CutCardStock.

Although I don’t do projects like this very often, I do enjoy them. They can get a little messy and that’s fun every once and a while, don’t you think?


I started out with a 9 x 12 inch white canvas. The edges were painted with acrylic paint.


Next, I took a piece of patterned paper that coordinates with the purple card stocks I chose to use, cut to 9 x 12 inches and tore the edges all the way around. This piece is adhered to the canvas with decoupage medium.


To add some texture I used a “swirls” stencil and white metallic texture paste. This was applied with a palette knife.


Another layer of texture was added by taking a piece of Basis WHITE 80lb Cardstockand embossing with a brick embossing folder. I added some ink randomly and tore into strips. These were adhered.



Butterflies, flowers and leaves were die cut out of Black DCS Discount Card StockHydrangea Purple Discount Card StockBazzill Linen Texture LAVENDER TwilightPop Tone GRAPE Card StockPop Tone GUM DROP GREEN Card Stock.

A little more color was added to some pieces with stamping ink. I added some spots on the black butterfly pieces with a white gel pen.




Some of the punched and die cut pieces were layered and added to the canvas.

I added glitter dots to the flower centers.



At this point I decided I thought I needed to add a little more so I die cut some more flowers and words.

I also decided to add a few more pieces of the embossed brick.


These pieces were added, along with a little bit of twine and gem flourishes, to complete my design.

I’ve enjoyed sharing this project with you and hope I’ve given you a little inspiration.

As always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and out the Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock for more inspiration.

_______________________________________________

Linking up to:
Country View Challenges - Things with Wings
Pearly Sparkles Challenge - All Things Great & Small







5 comments:

  1. Perfect canvas art Judy, love your gorgeous work and inspiration. Your step by step on your blog is appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really love this beautiful piece of art! Love the elements you added and appreciate the tutorial. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of art in purple tones, thank you for the "how to" pictures, it is lovely to see how you created your canvas. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #110 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful piece of work - lovely! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and Good Luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas. I love all of the elements you have added. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete