One of my favorite ways to get more versatility from my stamp collection is to look beyond the obvious combinations within a single stamp set. By mixing images from multiple sets, you can create a completely new scene with a cohesive look and feel. For this fall-themed card, I combined three Pajama Crafter Stamps sets to create a charming pumpkin-season design.
Mixing Stamp Sets for a Coordinated Scene
The key to combining images from different stamp sets is finding a common theme, color palette, or scale that ties everything together. For this card, I started by stamping, coloring and fussy cutting the wreath of leaves from the In Our Hearts Always Stamps. The wreath will provide the perfect foundation for my fall scene and immediately establish the autumn theme.
Next, I stamp the adorable bear with the leaf garland and his cup, of what I’m calling pumpkin latte, from the Woodland Christmas Eve Stamps. Although this image comes from a Christmas-themed stamp set, the bear works beautifully in a fall design. The leaf garland makes it especially easy to transition the image from winter to autumn.
I’ll incorporate pumpkins from the Where My Ghouls At? Stamps. The pumpkins add another layer of seasonal detail while reinforcing the fall and pumpkin-season theme.
Every pumpkin-season card needs a fun sentiment! I stamped “Oh my gourd pumpkin season is here” from the Where My Ghouls At? Stamps onto a banner die cut using the Banner Die Set. The banner adds a finished look to the sentiment while also helping balance the composition of the card.
I cut circles to layer beneath the bear image.
Prepare the Card Base
Cut white 110 lb card stock to 10 x 6 1/2 inches, score and fold at 5 inches along the 10 inch side. Two layering panels are cut along with a patterned background panel from the Autumn Whispers Paper Pack.
Making Different Images Look Like They Belong Together
When combining images from multiple stamp sets, placement is important. I first arranged the wreath near the top of the card. The die cut circles are layered and placed slightly overlapping part of the wreath.
The bear, pumpkins and sentiment banner go on next to complete.
Overlapping or clustering images helps make them feel like they are part of the same scene rather than separate stamped elements.
Think Outside the Stamp Set
This card is a great reminder that stamp sets don’t have to stay within their original themes. A Christmas bear can become part of a fall scene, pumpkins can work alongside woodland images, and a leafy wreath can tie everything together.
The next time you are creating, take a look through your stamp collection and challenge yourself to combine images from sets that you might not normally pair together. Look for common elements such as leaves, seasonal accessories, animals, flowers, or sentiments. You may discover an entirely new way to use some of your favorite stamps!
With a little creative thinking, three different stamp sets can become one cohesive fall scene—and a whole new card design!
Until next time –






No comments:
Post a Comment