Friday, July 21, 2023

Fence Card

Hey there! Today I'm sharing a summery designed fence card project for CutCardStock. Have you seen these? I just discovered them on Pinterest and thought I’d give one a try.



Card Stock

DCS Discount Card Stock – Calico Blue (on special this month)

DCS Shimmery Textured Wedding Cake White Card Stock (on special this month)

Cougar White Smooth CardStock (on special this month)

Pop Tone Gum Drop Green Card Stock

Card Base

Create the card base by cutting a piece of blue card stock to 4 1/4 x 8 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches along 8 inch side.

Cut 1 piece of Wedding Cake White card stock to 4 x 2 14 inches, 4 pieces to 1/2 x 4 inches and 2 pieces 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches.



Construct the Fence

Place a piece of tape, washi tape or sticky note on the center, backside of the larger white piece straight down. This will help position the 4 fence railings. You’ll want the length of the top of the larger piece down to the bottom of the bottom railing to measure somewhere between 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 inches. I used a grid to help. Line the edges of the railings up with the outer edges of the top piece. I spaced each railing about a 1/4 inch apart. The other 2 3 3/4 inch pieces are lined up and glued just inside the outer edges to act as pence posts. My measurements are probably different than other tutorials you see, as I wanted a blue edge around my card.



I adhered this piece to the card base.

Embellishments

Die cutting was done using the Cougar White and Gum Drop card stock.



I added a little color to the white die cuts and also die cut a sentiment from the calico blue card stock.


Finishing

The greenery was added to the card base.


Flowers were added next.


Sentiment and the bee were added to complete.


Thanks for taking a look at my fence card project. I hope I’ve inspired you to try one, if you haven’t already.

As always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and the Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock for more inspiration.

*************************************
inking up to:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Die Cuts or Stencils
Dream Valley Challenges - Use Dies and/or Punches
Die Cut Divas - Birthday

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial on creating this fence card. I love the colors you used - clean and crisp. Love the card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the Birth Day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation. Love the flowers growing up the fence.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

    ReplyDelete