Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Alcohol Inked & Foiled Cards

Hey there! It’s Judy V here with 2 alcohol inked & foiled cards created for CutCardStock

Alcohol inking backgrounds is something I don’t do a lot of but thought I would step out of my comfort zone and give it a go. After all, I bought the inks a while back so why not put them to use.


Typically I would use Yupo paper on which to apply the inks, as a non-porous surface works best. But I thought I would give one of my favorite card stocks from CutCardStock a try, Classic Linen White Pearl cut to 5 x 7 inches.

I’m using 2 colors of ink and a blending solution, an alcohol ink blower and a piece of gold foil.

I added a few drops of ink and blending solution to the card stock.

Squeeze the air blower to move the ink around on the card surface.

Place the foil over spots that aren’t quite dry and rub to apply.

Continue in the same manner as above until you are happy with the result.

This card stock really holds the ink well. It did not warp and dried pretty quickly. The inks did not bleed through the back other than a few small spots here and there.

I did add a little ink to the white areas in the pic below.

Card Construction

I cut 2 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card bases from Classic Crest Natural White Card stock.Classic Linen Gold Pearl Card Stock and Classic Linen White Pearl Card Stock will be used for card background.

The gold pearl card is cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches to cover the card front. White Pearl card will be cut to 3 3/4 x 5 inches and centered on the gold.

Adding Inked Pieces

I die cut a large sentiment die twice. One was cut with the inked card and the other out of the white pearl card stock. The rest of the inked card was cut into 2 pieces.

Add the larger inked pieces to the card front as seen below. The edges were cut to follow the line of the sentiment die.

Add the sentiment dies to the top half of each card.

I hope hypo have enjoyed my project and have inspired you to try your hand at alcohol inked and foiled cards. I know I will be doing a lot more of it myself! 

As always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and out new Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock. 

____________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:



3 comments:

  1. Love the card. So pretty. The colour scheme is stunning. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see your lovely work back here again. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice technique! I had never seen it before. I must give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this technique! I will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete