Hey there! Today I'm sharing a sympathy card created with products from CutCardStock.

I don’t think I’m any different from anyone else when I say sympathy cards are not my favorite to make, but there are those times when we find we need one. So I try to have a few on hand. This one was pretty simple to put together using materials I already had on hand.

Slimline cards have become one of my favorite to make, so I started with Basis WHITE 80lb Cardstock. An 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece to 8 x 9 inches and scored at 4 inches down the 8 inch side and folded in half to create a 4 x 9 inch card base. The card base was layered with a 4 x 9 inch piece of Basis NAVY 80lb Cardstock and a piece of 3 3/4 x 8 3/4 inch piece of the basis white cardstock which I embossed with 2 embossing folders.

I wanted to use simple florals on the card so I pulled out the Memory Box Prim Poppy die and cut 3 times out of the same card stock used for my base.

3 frames were created for the flowers by using 2 hexagonal shaped dies. I taped 2 of the dies together, as seen below, and cut out of Basis NAVY 80lb Cardstock. The larger die was used to cut 3 pieces of Basis LIGHT BLUE 80lb Cardstock.

I adhered the navy frames to the light blue die cuts on all sides but the bottom. This allowed me to insert the poppy die cuts into the frames, trim and adhere.



The frames were adhered to the card. My sentiment was computer generated and printed onto a piece of the light blue card stock. I trimmed and matted the sentiment piece with navy card and added to complete my design.

I hope you have enjoyed my project and remember we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:

Dies R Us Challenge (Tutti Designs and Memory Box dies used)