Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Nursery Decor

Hey there! Today I'm sharing a nursery decor project I created for CutCardStock.


Do you know someone that recently had a new baby? If so, this project would make a great gift and of course can be adapted to any color scheme or theme.

I’ve taken an 8 inch MDF letter and altered using CutCardStock products, die cuts, a border punch, enamel dots and some twine.


I chose to use Pop Tone BANANA SPLIT 8.5×11 Discount Card StockPop Tone BERRYLICIOUS 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock and a patterned card stock from Beach Side Assorted Print 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock to cover the MDF letter. The Pop Tone card stocks I used here are 65#.

Turn the letter upside down over the back of the card stock and trace. The bulk of the letter is covered with the patterned piece. The blue will be used on the left side.

Once the tracing is done on both pieces of card stock, hand cut along the lines.

I chose to paint the backside and edges of the letter with acrylic paint to coordinate with my color scheme.

Once the paint is dry adhere to cut pieces of card stock to the front. I used decoupage medium.

Next I wanted to cover the seam between the patterned and solid card stocks, so I punched a border out of the yellow card.

Now I’m ready to add the decorative pieces, so I die cut a cute elephant and balloons using 100# Pop Tone BLUE RASPBERRY CardStock 8.5×11 andPop Tone BANANA SPLIT 8.5×11 Discount Card Stock. The thicker card stock works great for die cuts.

I inked the embossed areas of the elephant with gray ink and layered the balloon die cuts. The hearts added to the elephant were front he balloons cut outs. Twine was added to the backside of the balloons.

My punched border and elephant were added to the letter.

I finished by adding the balloons and adhering the twine to the elephants trunk.

I hope you have enjoyed my nursery decor project as much as I enjoyed putting it together. And, as always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page.

_______________________________________________________________

I'm linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderful step by step, I think I need to get some alph chippies and do this. Thanks for sharing in my facebook group...https://www.facebook.com/groups/273500824852310 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Judi. I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete