Friday, November 5, 2021

Holiday Shadowbox


Hey there!

I'm excited to share an 8 x 8 inch holiday shadowbox project with you today! Shadowboxes make great holiday decor pieces and are pretty easy to put together using materials and themes of your choosing.

I used a variety of card stocks from CutCardStock for my project. Their Monthly Specials for November are Red, Green and White Card Stocks which are perfect for the holidays!

So gather some card stock, inks, dies, embellishments, etc and of course a shadowbox and give it a try for yourself!


Card Stocks I am using:  

ROYAL SUNDANCE FELT BRILLIANT WHITE 8.5X11 CARD STOCK 

 BASIS 8.5X11 WHITE 110LB CARDSTOCK  

SILK GLITTER OPULENT OPAL 12X12 CARD STOCK  





Going through my collection of holiday supplies, I decided to use dies for my project. You can use anything you might have such as stickers, stamps, digital products, photos or anything else. There is no limit as to what can be used!
Keeping in mind that I wanted to use red, green and white card stocks, I did all of my die cutting as seen in the first photo below.
The second photo shows how I did some layering of the sleigh, trees and presents. Pieces of gold card stock were added to the back of the building die cuts. I colored the reindeer's antlers and hooves with a marker. A sentiment die cut was added.


With all the die cutting done I worked on the background.

The Royal Sundance Card Stock was cut to 8 x 8 inches. I watercolored the top half with Sparkle Pens to create a night sky.

For the bottom half I cut down a piece of the Silk Glitter Card Stock for a snow effect. I hand cut the top of this piece to create hills.



The Glitter card was adhered to the base. I pulled in the die cuts to start arranging my scene.



The sleigh and reindeer were set near the bottom and I decided to add the piece I cut from the top of the glitter card piece along the bottom edge. Foam tape was used to adhere for a little dimension. The sentiment was adhered to the top.
I cut a small piece of red metallic card stock to fashion a harness for the reindeer and added gold twine as the reins.



The other die cuts were laid out and glued with a low temp glue gun.




Now, I could have been done here, but as is often par for the course for me I decided to add some snowflakes. They a mirrored plastic.



All that's left is inserting into the shadowbox frame. It can be hung on a wall or set on a shelf or table.



I hope I've given you a little bit of inspiration with my holiday shadowbox project. Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm linking up to:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Judy this is stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Judy. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene Judy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
    Darlene
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete