Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sept Cute As A Button Inspiration

Happy Tuesday!
I'm on the
sharing my inspiration project for this month.

I created a mixed media canvas using



I started by coloring the image with pencils and fussy cutting.
I pulled out a 12"x12" canvas,
a 12"x12" piece of DP from K &Company
and some mixed media gel.


I adhered the DP to the canvas with the gel.
Next I pulled out some metallic acrylic paints,
a Heid Swaps stencil and gold texture pasted 
and some wood and chipboard pieces.


I took the metallic paints and randomly painted the canvas,
just to give a little interest to the background.
I applied the texture paste through the stencil.

While I left the paint and texture paste to dry,
I primed the wood and chip board pieces with white gesso.
When these pieces were dry Painted with gold paint.
I painted the sides of the canvas with gold paint also.

Once everything was dry, I added all my pieces to the canvas.
I ended up adding a fan I made with card stock,
some paper flowers and some seed beads.

This is what I ended up with!




I love doing these mixed media canvases
because there's no right or wrong
and I think they make great gifts!

I hope I've inspired you to give it a try!
You'll have fun and want to do more!

Until next time
Happy Crafting!

I'm linking up to:
We Love 2 Create - Anything Creative/Mixed Media









SaveSave

1 comment: