Bring a little vintage charm to your fall decorating with this rustic autumn home décor project featuring the Clear Scraps Large Vintage Truck Chipboard Embellishment. This classic blue pickup truck, overflowing with sunflowers and colorful fall leaves, makes the perfect centerpiece for a seasonal display.
I wanted to create something that captured the cozy feeling of a crisp fall day, so I paired the vintage truck with warm autumn colors, patterned paper, and dimensional embellishments.
Getting Started
To get started, I pulled out the Large Vintage Truck Chipboard Embellishment. This piece measures approximately 5 x 9 inches and is perfect for a fall decor project focal.
I painted the truck a soft vintage blue and added touches bronze gilding wax to give it a slightly weathered appearance.
The wheels are covered with black and silver circle die cuts.
Creating the Fall Background
For the project base, I started with a 9 x 12 inch canvas.
The edges of the canvas were painted with a bronze acrylic paint.
I chose a fall themed patterned paper, cut to 9 x 12 inches and then tore the edges to give the project some texture.
A small “fall” banner was created with card stock and die cuts.
The patterned paper was adhered to the canvas and the banner was added to the upper left corner with foam tape for a little dimension.
Before adding the truck to the background, I added small pieces of colored cardstock to the backside to fill in the open areas in the body. To add dimension behind the truck, I added a piece of folded card stock and foam tape.
Finishing Touches
Dimensional sunflower stickers and silk fall leaves were pulled out for embellishment.
To create the look of a truck filled with freshly gathered autumn treasures, I tucked colorful fall leaves into the truck bed and added a cluster of sunflowers. The combination of bright yellow sunflowers with the orange, red, and gold leaves really makes the truck pop against the darker background.
Additional fall leaves were layered around the truck and along the edges of the panel, helping to bring the background and focal point together.
This project is a great example of how a single chipboard embellishment can become the star of a home décor piece. By combining the vintage truck with patterned paper, layered leaves, flowers, and a simple banner, you can create a dimensional fall decoration with plenty of seasonal personality.
Whether displayed on a shelf, mantel, or table, this DIY fall home décor project is a fun way to welcome autumn with a little vintage truck charm!
TGhanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!









No comments:
Post a Comment