Friday, July 19, 2024

Fall Vintage Truck Memory Dex Box


Well, I know it’s July but I’m already looking forward to my favorite season, which is Fall! 


Hi there! TodayI’m excited to share my 2nd Clear Scraps project for this month using New Release Products. This is a Vintage Truck Memory Dec Box and was so much fun to put together and add “fall inspired” touches.


Vintage Truck Memory Dex Box

Pumpkin Punchout Chipboard Embellishments

The Vintage Truck Memory Dex DIY box is made from 3/16" laser cut wood pieces making one 7.30"x6.3" index holder. Comes with 9 laser cut wood pieces, 2 - 1/4 dowels to be assembled. Inside box size area 6.25"x4.75"  The DIY boxes fits your standard 2"x4" roledex cards and more. Use wood adhesive to assemble box and then paint, ink or embellish these one of a kind Memory-Dex wooden boxes. Proud to be MADE in the USA

The laser cut chipboard punch-out embellishment sheet. Approx sheet size 5.0"x6.5" PUMPKIN comes with 8 different designs. Made from thick  chipboard. Use scissors or knife to carefully separate shapes. Paint or ink these great chipboard shapes to create fun embellishments. They are perfect for paper craft projects and also work well with our interchangeable mason jar lids. Proud to be made in the USA
_____________________________________________


The first thing I did was adhere the main parts of the truck, which consists of the front, side panels, back and bottom.




There are 2 accent pieces that were adhered to the back panel.




Next, came the painting. I used a teal acrylic paint for the body. A copper colored marker was used on the slats on the sides. The tires were painted with black acrylic paint. I used a silver metallic marker for the back bumper piece and the rear view and side view mirrors. The inside of the heart and lights on the bumper piece were colored with markers.


I finished the painting by smudging some light brown paint randomly to give a rusted appearance. I added a piece of burlap looking paper to the truck bed. Dowels were added to the bed as well.




I also added some 1/4 inch strips of a copper metallic card stock along the bottom edge of the truck.




With the painting done, it is time to add some decorative pieces.


I used chipboard, clip art and some sticker elements.


The chipboard pieces were colored with alcohol markers.



Photos below show 2 views each of the embellishments added to the back and the front.



I hope you like my project as much as I enjoyed putting it together.


You can find more Clear Scraps inspiration 

by following on social media


Clear Scraps Blog

Clear Scraps Facebook

Clear Scraps Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment