Monday, October 12, 2020

Sisters Memory Tray


Hi there!  
Today I am sharing a project that is really close to my heart over on the CutCardStock Creative Blog. It is a memory tray honoring 3 of the most beautiful women, inside and out, that I was lucky enough to have in my life. They are my mother and her 2 sisters. The individual photos of them are some of my favorite. They were taken when they were each about 16. The photo of the 3 of them together was the last of the 3 of them together. They are all gone now, but not forgotten.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2263-1.jpg

I started by gathering some card stocks. The 2 solids are from Cut Card Stock, Royal Sundance Felt Brilliant White and DCS Discount Canvas Textured Latte Tan. I chose a patterned paper I thought would work well with my photos.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2260.jpg

I used a 4 x 6 inch photo tray and I printed my photos out on the Royal Sundance Felt Brilliant White card. I used this card stock because I like the texture it added to the vintage photos. I converted the photos to black and white.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2256-1.jpg

Next I wanted to add a little color to the photos. I colored with pencils and chose colors that coordinate with the patterned paper used.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2257-1.jpg

I cut the patterned paper into 4 x 6 inch panels and adhered to the photo tray. I used Score Tape for this step but other types of adhesives would work.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2258-1.jpg

I trimmed my photos and matted with the Canvas Textured Latte Tan and Royal Sundance card stocks. I die cut some corner borders using the Royal Sundance. I also took a second sheet of the patterned paper used and fussy cut the flowers.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2259.jpg

I added the photos and the fussy cut flowers with different thicknesses of foam tape for added dimension.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2262-1.jpg

To finish, I adhered the corner borders with some flat back pearls. I die cut the "Sisters" title and 2 butterflies. The strip placed in the center was an afterthought and was cut from another sheet of patterned card stock.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2267.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2263-1-1.jpg

I hope I’ve inspired you with this project! If so, please leave a comment below and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.

I'm linking up to:

Crafty Friends Challenge - Use More Than 1 Die (used 5 dies)



6 comments:

  1. Wow Judy this is stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation Judy, such a wonderful idea for a keepsake!
    Hugs, Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy this is gorgeous. It is a mantel sitter always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful, vintage-style memory tray, Judy. I love the photos and how you added a touch of colour to them. The paper you used is perfect and looks so beautiful decoupaged onto the photo tray. The corner borders are pearls add the finishing touches!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful hun & a wonderful way to remember such wonderful people

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete