Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Family Memories Mini Album


Hi there! I'm on the CutCardStock Creative Blog today! If you are looking for a project that would make a great gift I have one for you today! It is a mini album and it can be made for any occasion or theme.

To get started, you will need 8 pieces of card stock measuring 12 x 6 inches to create the album base. I used DCS DISCOUNT CARD STOCK: CANVAS TEXTURED GINGER SNAP CARD STOCK. Each piece was scored at 3/4, 1 1/2 & 7 1/2 inches along the long side. Burnish the card stock along the score lines on either end folded in toward the center. This gives you an overall piece measuring 6.75 x 6 inches with pages that are 6 x 6 inches.To get started, you will need 8 pieces of card stock measuring 12 x 6 inches to create the album base. I used DCS DISCOUNT CARD STOCK: CANVAS TEXTURED GINGER SNAP CARD STOCK. Each piece was scored at 3/4, 1 1/2 & 7 1/2 inches along the long side. Burnish the card stock along the score lines on either end folded in toward the center. This gives you an overall piece measuring 6.75 x 6 inches with pages that are 6 x 6 inches.


Glue the inside of the 3/4 inch side down to the 1 1/2 inch score line on each of the 8 pieces.

Punch holes at 2 and 4 inches. I chose to add eyelets here, but that is up to you. This is where the ribbon will be run through to form the binding.
Next, I chose to round the corners on the other side, but you can leave it if you prefer.

Take each of the 8 pages and stack so that the flaps fold to the inside forming pages 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13 & 14. Pages 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, & 12 will be solid. Run a piece of ribbon from the back of the last page up through the punched holes and tie together to bind the album. I eventually used a wider ribbon for my finished product than the photo here shows. I found the wider ribbon holds the album together much better.

Now we are ready to decorate the cover and pages.
Now we are ready to decorate the cover and pages.
Now we are ready to decorate the cover and pages.

I cut a piece of Royal Sundance White Felt Card Stock to 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 inches and 8 pieces of the same white card stock to 5 1/4 x 4 inches.
Using Aqua Discount Card Stock, I cut 9 pieces to 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. I cut 8 pieces to 4 1/4 x 5 3/4 inches and rounded 2 corners to match the album flaps.
Next I gathered some patterned papers. 6 pieces were cut to 5 5/8 inches square. 8npieces were cut to 4 1/8 x 5 5/8 inches. 8 pieces were cut to 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 inches.



I spattered water color ink on to each of these pieces of the Royal Sundance White Felt Card Stock.


All of the cut pieces were adhered to the album pages, using the Aqua Discount Card Stock as matting for the square pieces of printed card and the watercolored spattered Royal Sundance White Felt Card Stock.
I used the 5 5/8 inch square piece of Royal Sundance White Felt Card Stock for the front of the album. I stamped, die cut and water colored a floral corner for embellishment and die cut the title using Aqua Discount Card Stock. I also used the aqua card to matt this piece.










And there you have it! An album all ready to add photos or for gift giving!
I hope I’ve inspired you with this project! If so, please leave a comment below and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.

I'm linking up to:






And there you have it! it's all ready for adding photos or gift giving!I hope I’ve inspired you with this project! If so, please leave a comment below and we would love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy this is a stunning album. Thank you for the instructions. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #80 which has the theme Anything Goes. The sponsor is Artsy Stamper. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

    ReplyDelete