Saturday, February 22, 2014

Christmas Joy

In my continuing quest to get at least one Christmas card a week done I finally managed to 
get one done! It's just been one of those days where I move things around on a card base
over and over and over until I come up with something I'm happy with. Go ahead, admit
it. I 'm not the only one that does this am I? I know I'm not! Anyway, the challenge at
52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this week is to use metallic papers.  And here's what I 
ended up with.




 I knew I wanted to use blue and silver papers. And when I think of those 2 colors and
Christmas  I think snowflakes.  So I dug out these metallic blue snowflake Dazzles from
 Hot Off the Press which I've had for quite a while and thought I'd put them to good use.
 Now I'm sitting here looking at the finished product and thinking "why didn't I fussy cut
that large snowflake like I did the small one?" I simply adhered it to the white card stock
and die cut the circles. I cut some banners, added the corner and greeting Dazzles and
finished off with some gems. Thanks for taking a look!

6 comments:

  1. Judy, I LOVE this!!! The blue and white are so wintry and fabulous--this design is so clean, too! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly frosty! Lovely layout showcasing that fabulous snowflake. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe effet métallisé, très classe et délicat, merci de jouer avec nous a 52 CCT, a bientôt, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Judy! The blue, silver and white color combo is very elegant. To be honest, I think the white circle background showcases that stunning large snowflake more than if you'd fussy cut it. Thanks for sharing your fantastic card with us at 52{C}CT this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Judy! Well worth all your effort.

    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week.

    Hugs
    Gill x

    52CCT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and silver is such a fab combination! Thanks for joining in with our metallic papers challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete