Sunday, February 9, 2014

Christmas Cardinal

Continuing my quest to get about 70 Christmas cards done this year I have one inspired
by the color challenge over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown







So I chose to go with red, blue and black along with the gold.  I had the cardinal left from
last year's Christmas stash. It is a gold dazzles sticker that I backed with red card stock and
a tiny piece of blue behind the snowflake. I used my Stampabilities "Composer's Dream"
stamp for the plain circle die cut, inked the edges with red  ink and added it to the black
scalloped die cut. This was placed on the white embossed panel, added the cardinal  and
punched some blue snowflakes to which I added some blue gems. So, I think this is the
sixth Christmas card I've completed?  Only about 64 more to go! Thanks for taking a look!

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. This is just STUNNING Judy!!! LOVE that gorgeous bird--it is simply gorgeous! I also love the music paper, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and have a wonderful week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The framed musical notes and the red cardinal ... they go perfectly together. combo. You've picked the perfect colour combo for this card. Thanks for joining the February Colour challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and perfect for our challenge this week at 52CCT, love the beautiful red bird - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful red bird and blue snowflakes. Love this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful- love the bird and how you coloured him. Good luck with the other 64, if they're as good as this one you'll have an amazing selection. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I really like the cardinal and the touch of blue in the snowflake! Love the snowflake texture and the music too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete