Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sweethearts at Crafty Gals Corner

Happy Wednesday!

Time for a new challenge at

This week our theme is Sweethearts.
It doesn't have to be Valentine's, just add a heart!

Using Snowflake Fairy from

                                               Our sponsor this week 

                                                  MoonFlower Digi's

While i was trying to figure out what kind of project to
do this week I saw a 6 inch doily sitting in front of me
and thought it would make a great background for 
the beautiful image I got to work with.
So I took a 6 x 12 inch piece of white card stock
and folded it in half. I glued the doily to the center 
and cut around the edges.  I fussy cut the image,
which I colored with Spectrum Noir pencils and Fiskars gels pens.
I added a litter shimmer to the wings with a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.
 I then popped the image onto the doily. I computer generated the sentiment
and die cut with a Sizzix oval framelits die.
The hearts and flourishes I used are Dazzles stickers
from Hot Off the Press.



I love the way the completed project turned out!

We'd love to see your Sweethearts project at

Thanks for taking a look!

I'm linking up to:
Aud Sentiments - Use a Love Sentiment
Mod Squad Challenge - From the Heart
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful and so creative! I love a doily on a Valentine, they add great texture too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card and so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete