Monday, November 25, 2013

Snowflake Christmas

Oh the ladies at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown are really challenging me.  I am
learning so many new techniques playing along with them.  The technique challenge
for November is acrylic block background.  So, once again this is my first attempt at
something!  


Here's my card.



How appropriate that when I took my card outside to photograph it was starting to snow! I
didn't even know it was supposed to do that today.  Anyway, I inked my acrylic block with
pearlescent sky blue ink, spritzed it with water and stamped on a heavyweight card stock.
I used the Lacy Labels Cricut Lite cartridge for the die cutting and added the large snowflake
brad to the center of the label.  I stamped the greeting with the same ink I used for the
background, cut it into a banner and adhered to another piece of the background paper and
added a little more bling to the 4 small snowflakes.  Thanks for taking a look! 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Judy! I LOVE that you die cut your acrylic block stamped paper! And the snowflake is lovely! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Really love that you layered your block background with the dies too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is brilliant! Love the die cuts and the pretty snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a first timer you sure rocked this challenge! Love the layers and the beautiful snowflake. Thanks for joining us on 52 CCT Technique challenge

    Louise

    ReplyDelete