Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FMS 114


I've been so busy making Christmas cards recently that I decided I needed a change of pace
and would do a birthday card when I saw the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for this
week. I will also enter this card in the Dynamic Duos "Triple Threat Challenge" and the
Seize the Birthday challenge as well.




I went shopping at Joann's the other day and found a couple of Sizzix stamp & die cut
sets I've been wanting, so I used one of them on this card.  I stamped the floral image
twice, first with the green ink and then with the pink.  I fussy cut the pink flowers and
layered them on top of the green, which was die cut.  I did some embossing on the white
panel and the dark red strip, punched out the butterfly and added some sparkle to it and
the flowers.  Thanks for taking a look!




7 comments:

  1. Wow, the Triple Threat colours make for a lovely, fresh floral birthday card. That IS a breath of fresh air in the midst of winter card-making. Love your touches of green bling. Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of this sketch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fresh and lovely! The gems added to the flowers and butterfly are perfect! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've always loved that dogwood flower and I love how it looks with the sparkly bits in the center! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful & FAB combo of challenges! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Judy! It is nice to change it up a bit and make a different card rather then Christmas. Your card is gorgeous...love the beautiful flowers and the layout! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I just love the little cluster of flowers and the texture you've added gives a lovely effect! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete