Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Red, White and Blue Z Fold Card







Hi there! It’s Judy here and I’m so excited to be sharing my first project as a full time DT Member for Clear Scraps!


The 4th of July is tomorrow and I thought a red, white an blue themed card would be perfect for my first project this month.


I am using the Shaker Tag Star and the 6” Fireworks Splash Stencil.





Shaker Tag Star Includes 1-chip tag base, 4 chip rings, 2 acrylic dividers (must remove protective film) approx.4.5"x6.0" 


Fireworks Splash  6.0 X 6.0 Translucent plastic film masking/stencils are great on all kinds of projects. Use to add creative designs with paint, inks, chalks, misters, airbrushing and many other mediums.


When I started this project I wasn’t quite sure what style card I wanted to create, so I began by using the fireworks stencil. I wanted to use a medium blue card stock to replicate a night sky for the fireworks background. I tried several different mediums before I settled on using gold and silver glitter glue, which isn’t usually what is used for stenciling, but I found it gave me the “sparkly” look I was after.


I taped the stencil over the card stock and used a small pallet knife to spread, removed the stencil and set aside to dry.





Next, I put the tag together.


I printed a patterned paper to cover the tag.




Turn the paper over to the back side, lay the tag on top with the back facing up and trace.


Cut out the tracing and prepare to adhere.


Put the star shaker piece together. Start with one of the acrylic pieces (be sure to remove the protective film), glue 3 of the chipboard stars on top. Fill with desired shaker pieces. I used star sequins from my stash. Adhere the 2nd acrylic piece and finish with the painted star.


I die cut a bunting piece and some border pieces and pulled out some glitter letter sticker to spell out “celebrate” on the bunting.



Put the tag together. Add some ribbon to the top of the tag.





Once I had the stenciling done and the tag complete, I decided to do a Z-Fold style card that measures 5 x 6 1/2 inches.


Start with a piece of card stock measuring 10 x 6 1/2 inches. Score at 2 1/2 inches and 5 inches along the 10 inch side and fold as shown in photo below.





Cut panels for card background, 2 white measuring 2 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches, 1 white measuring     4 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches. 2 blue measuring 2 1/8 x 6 1/8 inches and the blue firework stenciled panel should measure 4 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches overall.




Adhere the panels to card base.




Finish the card design by adhering the tag to the left side of the card and add another red, white and blue border strip to the right side of the card under the fireworks.




Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my project.


You can find more Clear Scraps inspiration 

by following on social media


Clear Scraps Blog

Clear Scraps Facebook

Clear Scraps Instagram

Clear Scraps Pinterest 


*******************************************

Linking up to:

Unicorn Challenge - Not Square

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game - ATG with stencils/shades of blue option

A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge - ATG

Classic Design Challenge - ATG w/Fancy Folds option

Crafts Galore Encore - ATG

A Place to Start - ATG

Get Creative Challenges - Use Red, White and/or Blue

Dragonfly Dreams - Tag You're It or a Shaped Card

Krafty Chicks Challenge - All Occasions

Creative Creases - ATG w/Fun Fold

3 comments:

  1. Very creative and a cleaver design!! Happy 4th!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous 4th July card and shaker star, love the stencilled sparkly fireworks and congrats on your new DT. Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great 4th of July card! They cannot get more patriotic than this one! I love all of the details - perfectly done! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete