Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Steampunk Layout

Hey there! 
Today I'm sharing a scrapbook layout project for CutCardstock

I had a photo my daughter and her husband had professionally taken when they were engaged. This is another one of those photos I’ve been meaning to scrapbook for quite a while. And since they were dressed in “steampunk” attire, I had to go with steampunk elements.


Base Materials 

DCS Discount 12 x 12 Card Stock:Black

DCS Discount 12 x 12 Card Stock: Aqua

Basis 12 x 12 Card Stock: White

Cougar Smooth Card Stock: White – three coordinating 6 x 6 digital papers from Imagine That were printed on this card stock

Royal Sundance Felt Card Stock: Brilliant White – photo printed on this card stock. I like that it gives the phot a “canvas” feel.


Base Construction

Three layers were matted for the layout base. The black cardstock was left 12 x 12 inches. A 12 x 12 piece of Aqua card stock was cut to 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 inches. Basis White was cut to approximately 11 5/8 x 11 5/8 inches. I edged the white with gilding wax.


Die Cuts

Next I die cut some steampunk elements to embellish sing dies from Crafter’s Companion. Two card stocks were used: Stardream Metallic Saturn & Classic Linen Gold Pearl.

I also cut a title using a Silhouette cut file out of the Linen Gold Pearl card stock.




Focals

The photo is matted with Gold Pearl and Saturn card stocks and one of the 6 x 6 digital papers which i cut in half and offset.


Two 6 x 6 digital papers were added to the base.


Our photo is centered onto the base.

Completed Project

The die cuts and title are added to the layout to complete.


I hope you like my Steampunk Layout.

As always, we would love for you to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page and out new Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock.




No comments:

Post a Comment