Sunday, August 25, 2013

Retro Sketches #78

It took me a little while to figure out what direction to go with this weeks challenge
at Retro Sketches.   I knew I was going to do another Christmas card but it took
several tries before I came up with something I was happy with.

Here's  the sketch...



And what I finally ended up with!



Initially, I used a border stamp which I heat embossed and cut into strips, but just could
not make everything come together the way I wanted.  So I scrapped that idea and 
decided to pull out a Fiskars holly border punch.  I used 2 strips of the punched  border
on each row and added the white strip on top of them.  The next issue I had was with the 
candy cane die cut.  This was done with the Sizzix Sizzlets Christmas Set #6.  I started 
with a base done in the white card stock and then cut it again in red and green in order to
 layer for the final product.  Then I realized I had to put the candy cane on a background
 so that it would pop. I knew I wanted to use the scallop circle punch but had a hard
time figuring out what color worked best and ended up with the white one.  Next I
cut a strip of white card stock and made it into a banner and stamped the greeting in gold.
I inked the edges of the scallop circle with the gold ink as well.  Lastly I added some
jewel dazzles to the holly berries on the punched strips and dazzles jewel borders to
finish off! Ta Da!  Hope you like it -

I am entering this card in the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO - bring on Christmas! I have done a couple myself, so far, glad to see I'm not the only one - LOL! This is gorgeous, Judy! Thank you so much for playing along with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Cards Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete