Friday, August 30, 2013



I'm usually not home on Fridays but decided to make my 3 day weekend, for Labor Day,
a 4 day weekend.  So of course I have to try and satisfy my addiction to card making
 by creating some new ones.  I'm using sketch # 101 from Freshly Made Sketches for
this one and I made it a Sympathy card.  Luckily I don't need those very often but
thought I could add it to my stash of other cards.

Here is the sketch -



and my version




I had this stamp which is part of a Stampendous set called Orchid Greetings that I
found on clearance and decided to give it a try.  After stamping it on the beige card stock
with  Dew Drop Brilliance coffee bean ink, I used Smooch inks to color the image.  I love
those as they give just a little shimmer.  The printed paper is from DCWV 8x8 Linen Closet
Stack.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the brown and beige strips under
the sentiment rather than using banners.  The gold sentiment is from Tiny Words and
Phrases Dazzles from Paper Wishes.  I added 3 green pearls to finish it off.  Thanks for
taking a look!


2 comments:

  1. Prett card! Love the background and the extra shimmer! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card Judy! I love that sweet stamp set as well as that pretty border! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete