Thursday, June 27, 2024

Twisted Easel Wedding Card

I have always heard that June is the most popular month for weddings. Is that really so? I’m not sure but I do like to have a wedding card or two on hand just in case someone is in need of one.


Hey there, I'm here today with my latest CutCardStock project. This is a Twisted Easel Wedding Card made with card stocks that are part of June’s Monthly Specials.



If you have not made a twisted easel card before it is not that difficult. It is just a little different version of a regular easel card. 


First, cut a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card base. This is done with a 5 1/2 x 11 inch piece of Mohawk Super Fine White Smooth 100 lb CardStock. Score at 5 1/2 inches along the 11 inch side. In order to create the “twist” in this card base, you’ll need to make one additional score line. Do this diagonally from the top left hand corner down to the right where the center score line is. The center fold of the card should be on the left side.



With the card base done, we’re ready to decorate.


I used a create-a-card die from Crafter’s Companion detailing a frame of trees surrounding a bride and groom. Alternatively, a regular square, circle or another shape you like can be used as a frame. You can add a die cut couple, stamped couple or a digital stamp of a couple. 


Stardream Metallic CRYSTAL (white) 105 lb Card Stock was my choice for the frame. Next, I adhered this to Stardream Metallic AQUAMARINE 105lb Card Stock.





I cut the background piece down to 5 x 5 inches. Similarly, I cut a piece of Aquamarine Stardream Metallic Card down to 5 x 5 inches for the inside of the card. 





Adhere the card front panel to the lower half of the card base and the plain aquamarine panel to the inside.




Additionally, a “stopper” is placed on the bottom of the card to hold it open in an easel position. I used a couple heart dies. Also added a die cut sentiment cut from Crystal and Aquamarine Stardream Metallic Card Stocks.



Layer the hearts and sentiment, adding foam tape to the back of the completed heart. A double layer of foam tape on the top and a single piece on the bottom gives good dimension.



Adhere the heart to the inside of the card with pearls on the inside border for a little more embellishment. Now the card is complete.



Thanks so much for taking the time to view my Twisted Easel Wedding Card. If you’ve not made a card in this style before, I hope I have inspired you to do so.


Be sure to connect with us over on the CutCardStock Facebook Page. Also join us in the Facebook Group Creating with Card Stock for more inspiration.


And even more inspiration can be found on the CutCardStock Blog





No comments:

Post a Comment