Sunday, October 27, 2013

Unconventional Christmas

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown has a technique challenge this week.   It is to create
a fancy fold card.  This is something I haven't done before so I thought I would give it
a try.  I also wanted to join in on the Dynamic Duos color challenge this week so I'm
combining the two and therefore have an unconventional Christmas card, at least color-
wise.






Ok, I had quite a time trying to get a decent picture of this easel card and this is about
as good as it gets.  I either had too much light or not enough.  I'm sure I'm not the only
one with these issues at times!  Anyway, I used a Sizzix embossing folder, my
Spellbinders poinsettia dies and a Martha Stewart corner and border punch.  I stamped
my greeting and heat embossed it and finished off with some pearl embellishments. Thanks
for taking a look!

 

8 comments:

  1. Very elegant the poinsettia is perfect.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be unconventional but it looks lovely!
    Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Judy! LOVE the great purples and I adore the fabulous textures! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the non-traditional colours for the card - the poinsettia is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non-traditional colors for Christmas cards are my very favorite Judy. This is very elegant in the purples and I love the easel fold. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Judy, what a stunner! I love easel cards and I love purple and white on Christmas cards - I also love fancy decorative edges, textured embossing and bling so your card ticks ALL the boxes! A beautifully executed card which the recipient will very happily have on display this Christmas and they may display it in future years too! Thanks so much for sharing your fab fancy fold card with us at 52 C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poinsettia is beautiful, and so is the pearly flourish. I'm glad you shared your card with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous purple creation, love easel cards and this one is fabulous! Thanks for joining in with our Fancy Fold challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete